As you may already know, video is all over the internet. It has emerged as the most powerful type of content in the recent decade.
A few things that are worth mentioning about video are as follows.
- YouTube is not the single platform where the videos can be hosted. Some other platforms also exist. Those platforms include Vimeo, Vivo, Daily Motion, and Twitch. Although these platforms are not as big as YouTube, they are growing and emerging.
- It has now become a common practice to embed videos in newsletters and websites.
- Webinars are held on regular basis. They can be watched live or streamed for the replay.
- We see people live with the help of Facebook live.
- People share videos from all of the sources on all of the platforms.
Basics of creating videos for backlinks
- The first thing that you will have to do in this regard is doing your homework. This homework mainly involves analyzing and surveying to see what kind of videos do well on the internet. You will have to look at the video types that get more views and shares.
- If you want to build links with the help of videos, you will have to make sure that you are creating original content. And you will also have to make sure that the video you have created is capable of standing out among a long list of other videos. It doesn’t mean that you have to say something out of the ordinary to make the video different. You actually need to make use of the good lighting and sound quality here. Nice background and the sound without noise are the features that can make your video a popular one.
- You cannot ignore the power of YouTube videos. Each month, there are about 19 billion users who log onto the YouTube. And YouTube is watched for a billion of hours on daily basis. YouTube is launched in 100 countries and there are 80 languages in this platform. When it comes to popularity over the internet, YouTube stands on the second rank after Google.
Reason for video to be successful
If you want to make the content on the site more appealing, there is no better way than embedding a video to achieve this. An amazing idea is to explain the video by writing the video transcript. That is going to be an ultimately original content on the page. The best thing about embedding video is that if the webpage, in which the video is embedded, is ranked well, the video is automatically going to be ranked well. And if the video alone is ranking well in the SERPs, it will be quite beneficial to every page in which the video is embedded.
Now, it would be worth mentioning in the end that although the video is quite powerful type of content, a lot depends on the creativity of the publisher. And if you are looking to use video for building links, you will have to make sure that your videos are capable of attracting people’s attention.